What is Craniosacral therapy?
Craniosacral therapy (CST) is a gentle bodywork therapy well-known for reducing stress, restoring body balance, and activating our natural self-healing mechanism. It involves the practitioner’s gentle touch to revive and enhance the biological rhythm of the body (called the craniosacral therapy system).
CST is a natural method to enhance the well-being of the central nervous system and optimize our well-being. It is excellent in healing stress and different physical health conditions. It is especially useful for an urban city-dweller, especially those who work under high stress in an office environment. CST can help people feel relaxed both physically and mentally, so that clients are better prepared to face everyday difficulties. It is highly beneficial if you are dealing with chronic pain and trauma, or if you are looking to take care of your physical, mental, and emotional health. Focused on enhancing the natural self-healing mechanisms of the body, CST is a safe and non-intrusive therapy bridging mental, emotional and physical health.
How does craniosacral therapy work?
The craniosacral concept is grounded upon the belief that a subtle motion, known as cranial rhythmic impulse, flows along the cranium, spine, and to the rest of the body. These pulses keep us away from diseases or emotional distress. Under normal circumstances, cranial rhythmic pulses are quite stable and rhythmical. However, they could be interfered when a person is under mental stress and physical injuries, making the body more vulnerable to diseases.
CST can release the tension that obstructs these motions, and hence allows a smoother flow of substances within the body, awakening our self healing mechanism. This not only improves our health, but also helps us maintain a healthy mental state.
What happens in a session of craniosacral therapy?
- Consultation: The practitioner understands the key concern of the client.
- Assessment: The client is lies down comfortably on a bed. Practitioner will perform an assessment on the client through gentle hand on and then work on the primary restricted body area through gently .
- Therapy: The practitioner continues gently touching the patient. After a while, clients typically feel fall asleep because of the inner relaxation, and wakes up to find out that the therapy is already over! One session is around 60 minute.
Am I suitable for Craniosacral Therapy?
CST is a gentle approach that is appropriate for all ages from 1-day old baby to elderly under palliative care. CST is suitable even though you don’t have any uneasy or sickness. By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
- Chronic pain conditions e.g. fibromyalgia
- Whiplash injury
- Neck and back pain
- Before and after operations
- Preparation for birth and postpartum
- Emotional Difficulties
- Shocks and trauma
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Mental stress
- TMJ Syndrome
For more information about Alive Wellness or classes we offer, please call 25418600 or email email@example.com